It’s scavenger hunt time again!
Rinda over at Gallo Organico is hosting her annual summertime photo scavenger hunt. Here is this year’s list and my thoughts on it
1. Open air market – there are two farmer’s markets near me. I never go to them except during football season but that starts in Aug so I should be ok
2. Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater) – we have one of these in mid-remodel in town! (though I believe it also shows/showed movies as well as plays)
3. City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building – just up the street from the theater
4. Airplane – only as toys unless someone needs a ride to the airport or we visit the air & space museum again
5. A sunset – Can do!
6. Someone or something taking a nap – between DH & the cats I can do this one
7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny – there is a specific one floating around in my mind but not clearly enough for me to know yet what sign I am thinking of but it’ll come to me eventually
8. A tower – well they took mine so I suppose I’ll have to hunt down another one
9. A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn’t belong – TADA!
Clearly that playset should not be in a lake. We had some flooding yesterday.
10. A bench that is outside – can do!
11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc. – I’ll probably end up at the pet store for this, though we may get to a zoo
12. A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see) – can do!
13. A fence – easy
14. A stained glass object or a mosaic – may end up at a church for this but I’ll keep my eyes open
15. A fire truck or police car – drive by the VFD every day nearly
16. A windmill – I think I may need to take a pic of one on TV or of a painting
17. Candle(s) – can do!
18. Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop – I’ll need to think about this as I don’t generally visit any of these
19. A fisherman – not at all sure about this one either
20. A dinosaur – please. It’s just a matter of finding the *right* dino for the shoot. We’ll be holding casting calls next week.
21. A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item) – can do. I’ll probably drag out my nemesis the scissors & if not, I have some painting to do outside.
Bonus/substitute items. If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items. You can substitute up to two items, but you cannot substitute Item #21:
A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country – keeping my eyes open around the 4th of July
A sundial – I think a visit to a nursery or other garden store is in order.